“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” 1 Peter 3:15
6 – 12th Grade | REGISTRATION
The purpose of ECOT’s youth ministry is to equip our youth to know Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and to make Him known. To accomplish this mission, ECOT will work to provide opportunities for youth to receive mentorship, build God-centered relationships, experience joy in God’s creation, and learn about God and the Episcopal church. This will involve weekly youth group meetings, mission opportunities throughout the year, fun excursions within and beyond the valley, and opportunities for youth leadership and involvement within the church. Friends are welcome at every youth ministry event! All youth should register for ECOT’s youth ministry each year. This ensures that the youth minister has correct contact information for all families and that parents and youth will be informed of youth ministry events and service opportunities.
Want to receive our weekly Youth Ministry Newsletter? Please register your youth and indicate that you would like to be added to our email list.
Any further questions about our youth ministry? Please contact the Youth Minister Rebecca Cotton.
Sundays 11:30 am – 12:30 pm @ Edwards Interfaith Chapel
Lunch provided! And friends are always welcome 🙂
Some of our upcoming events include:
- Coffee Wednesday mornings 8 – 9:30 am (Drop by anytime! Friends welcome!)
- At Edwards Starbucks every 1st & 3rd Wednesday
- At Eagle Yeti’s every 2nd & 4th Wednesday
- Senior Sunday – May 19
Check out our calendar for more information!
Please consider volunteering with our youth ministry! To indicate your interest and learn about some of our volunteer needs, please contact the Youth Minister.
Youth, looking for a way to be involved? Check out the following opportunities!
- Attend and vote at our Annual Parish Meeting (if over 16 and confirmed)
- Serve as a member of our Mission & Outreach team
- Serve as a sacristan (set up and take down the altar)
- Serve as a lay reader (doing the readings at Sunday services)
- Play music at one of our services
- Sing at some of our services
- Serve as an usher
- Be a teacher or helper for Sunday School
- Be a Nursery Helper
- Serve the chalice during Communion
- Serve on our newly-formed Youth Ministry Vestry (meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month, 6-7:30 pm)
- Go on a summer mission trip
- Join our Parish Life team to help plan all-church events
- Help lead middle school events
- Help plan Senior Sunday this year
- Help read the story of Jesus’s Passion on Palm Sunday
- Cook pancakes for our Shrove Tuesday Youth Mission Fundraiser
- Plan a HS Volunteer day or other HS activity (movie, camping, Elitches, etc.)
- Participate in a HS Volunteer day