Dear ECOT Parish Family Members,
Advent is upon us!! Happy Church New Year!! We leave behind the Gospel of Matthew, the long “green” season after Pentecost, and a most bizarre and challenging year since last Advent. May this new church year be a new season of grace, hope, and love for all of us!!
We’ve compiled an Advent treasure trove of fun, which you should have received via hand delivery by our amazing clergy and staff.
- Advent devotional
- candles for your wreath with instructions to make a wreath if you don’t have one
- Bookmark with candle lighting liturgy for each of the four Sundays of Advent
- touchstone to remind you of the gospel reading each week
- table questions for each week
- coloring pages related to the Gospel readings
- links to recipes also related to the Gospel readings
Advent is a brief, month-long season inviting us to prepare our hearts and minds to receive the Christ-child born into our world at Christmas. In the midst of this pandemic and maintaining the physical distance for a time, we encourage you to participate in the season with these tools for a fresh encounter with Jesus and Advent. There is no isolation in the Body of Christ!!
We love you, we miss you, and we hold you in our hearts!! Enjoy Advent!
Warmly in our coming Lord,
Father Brooks Keith Mother Emily Lukanich
Deacon Mike Williams Chaplain Denise Delaney
and our loving, caring staff