This past weekend, our church was privileged to bring 11 youth to the fall Quest youth retreat hosted by the Episcopal Church in Colorado. We had an amazing time at the retreat playing Gaga Ball and ping pong, eating food prepared by our fantastic work crew members, and learning about our identity in God’s eyes through skit performances and discussion with our peers.
Some of our favorite things at Quest:
- Gaga Ball
- The Screamer
- The hot springs pool
- Hanging out with our friends
- Hearing other people’s stories
- The band
- Food make by our work crew!
Some questions we wondered about:
- What does it mean that God calls us beloved, saint, and chosen?
- How is the way God sees us different from the labels given to us by the world, our friends, and even ourselves?
- Why do youth retreat weekends matter?
We would like to extend a huge thank you to Scott Green (our male chaperone), Jim McVey (our work crew member), and the retreat staff and youth design team who made this weekend possible! We also sincerely appreciate the support and prayers of our ECOT family–we could do have any of our youth ministry without you.